Saturday, January 26, 2008
exploring Sao Paulo-- Mercado Municipal
Fabiola very kindly took us to the Mercado Municipal, a giant warehouse of a market, with an upstairs loft where you can buy food and beer-- we tried pastel do bacalhau (cod pastry) and I had Brahma Black, which I highly recommend if you like dark beers. Then we went down and bought some very weird tropical fruits, as well as some that weren't weird, at least not to me-- particularly guavas, which I haven't had much access to since I was a kid. Mangoes are easier to find in north America, so I didn't spend too much time on those. The fruit was pretty amazing-- both visually and gastronomically. The spots on the camera lens on the picture of Fabiola delivering the next round of beers come from the spray being blown about by fans to cool the air-- mostly adds to the humidity.
- The Beach
- Ed and 'Na's wedding
- First days in Brazil-- Santo Antonio do Pinhal
- Exploring Sao Paulo-- downtown and the Immigrant M...
- exploring Sao Paulo-- Mercado Municipal
- Sao Paulo-2
- several days in Sao Paulo-- 1
- videos of the beach in the morning-- two different...
- more new year's images from Itamambuca
- new years eve on the beach in brazil
- ▼ January (10)